Saturday, May 14, 2011

Marina Abramovic


This piece is called Rhythm 0, by Marina Abromovic.  This picture is only capturing her piece but is not the actual piece.  She is a performance artist.  This piece involved a table with 72 different items on it ranging from a feather to a gun and bullet.  She was really testing not only her audience but her self too.  She was very passive in this piece and did little to no movement.  The audience was the performers and were able to do anything with the stuff on the table to her.

I think that Abromovic is a very brave women.  I like how creative she was with her piece.  No one, I can think of, would have enough courage to do this.  I find the results very interesting.  The audience started off tickling her and later became quite vulgar.  The fact that the audience was told to do act open her, I guess, gave them less liability.  I think that it is terrible that they would do such things to this poor women because they can get away with it.  It really shows how society is, which disappoints me.

No comments:

Post a Comment