Monday, March 28, 2011

Bealle! Bealle! Bealle!


So... I walked into this building that was dark and totally looked closed.  I wasn't sure what to expect.  I kept walking down the hall and when I started to walk into this room I heard this banging noise and all of a sudden a light came on and this human like structure started growing.  Really interesting right?  Ya, for going into this gallery expecting art work on a wall and seeing this, was totally cool.  Here is a little demonstrations taken on my phone.  Okay I know Glenn you said to make sure if its vertical to put it vertical because its 2011.  Ya its 2011 and I really tried to do it but could not figure it out for my life sorry :(



I walked in a little bit more and to my surprise where a flock of birds.  Well the artists called it Inactive Birds.  This was a good name for his piece.  By the way the author's name is David Familian.  Well with the help of Brian Kane, Frank Hausman, and Tymm Twillman.  So this flock of birds looked died at first but as I walked up to them they light up and slowly came to life.  The author wanted his pieces to be activated by sensory.  So, I the viewer activated them just by walking by.  In the video you can see as I get closer they start to shake and move more.  Very cool piece probably my favorite that's why I took a picture.




This last piece was titled Inflated Architectural Body Inner Space.  Oh by the way all of these pieces come to life by compressed air.  Interesting that the author took so much time and effort to control compressed air this much.  This piece was good but not my favorite.  I like how it became so big and it kinda did remind me of space because it was just spacious I guess.  I reminded me of astronauts





No comments:

Post a Comment