Friday, April 22, 2011

Harold Cohen and Aaron


Harold Cohen created Aaron.  I like to consider Aaron the art piece and also he is doing art.  Or actually Harold is programing Aaron to do art.  I just am so easily fascinated by how machines do what they do.  We can program them to do just about anything which is really cool and kind of scary too.  

I like the idea that Harold does not want to program to much into Aaron.  I guess he wants Aaron to "have a mind of his own."  Which is interesting because he is not a human or even living for that matter so he can't have a mind of his own can he?  Can you program something to have a mind of its own?  Interesting.  This piece above is one of Aaron's pieces that is well known.  It is very elementary, very simple but I enjoy looking at it.  Its very colorful and vibrant and looks well done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment