Sunday, April 3, 2011

Robert Rauschenberg



I have been looking at a lot of these artists and their work and when I pulled up Rauschenberg I smiled.  I am really not sure why but I really enjoy looking at his work.  When I normally think of collages I think about random things put next to each other.  And normally I think that collages are just a mess, well kinda.  This is just that, it is a bunch of random things put together.  But it is so much more than that.  This piece is amazing, its hard to describe.

I keep staring at this picture trying to describe it but its difficult.  I enjoy looking at it though.  I can stare at it and still have no idea what he is trying to say.  I see half of the piece dark and somewhat morbid but not really, they are just buildings.  The other half is bright and colorful and happy.  I love the balance it is great.  I know this is not really a thoughtful two paragraphs but overall i just liked this piece very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment